Monday, May 01, 2006

Snail mail surprise!

This evening I got home to a very lovely surprise - a snail mail letter from a somewhat long lost friend who is now living in New York (read New York, baby!) and trying to make it as an actor! It was awesome to just have a tangible letter once again, it's a treat I haven't had since I left camp about 2 years ago. Wow.

I truly is amazing to get a snail mail letter - there is so much there that can be read. Plus, you also get to see the expression in the person's handwriting, and that's cool too. Plus, I just feel honoured to be back in touch with this person. He was someone I knew and just connected with when I was at school. We didn't always talk, but whenever we did, it was good conversation, usually about something mildly serious, and most often on theological issues. He's challenging in that sense, but in a very good way. I feel very happy, and very honoured.

Thanks friend (even if you will never read this because you don't have a computer!)

No comments: