Monday, May 15, 2006

Quid pro quo

Humour takes on many forms, but I must confess myself I am particularly attracted to what is called a "witty repartee" or a "quid pro quo". Athough certain natural occurences can be funny, mostly when they are incongruous, I am just partial to what a repartee inspires. It allows you to be quick thinking and clever, and to have a wide base of knowledge. Generally, it's about thinking fast and furiously.

I have to admit today I've been confronted with several moments like these. In fact, I pretty much would have to say that my friend Ryan, just like my friend Coatesy, have really managed to master the quick thinking one-liners. I don't know how they do it, but I love the challenge that talking to them inspires. Today I had the chance of meeting another collegue and he seemed to be on the same track as Ryan. All in all the conversations I have had with them today been a highlight.

And if you don't believe me, just ask your mom.

No comments: