Sunday, May 07, 2006

Rock this bitch

May 6th, 2006 has come and gone, and it was worth every minute. The road trip was fun, the concert was awesome, and all in all, it was a good day. It rocked this bitch! ;)

Saturday started early for me - I woke up at 8:30, got showered and dressed and biked down to Kensington to meet my friend Lisa at Moonbean for coffee and to do some shopping in like cool Toronto hipsters for the Sunday adventure. We had a great time - we shared bagels and chatted over coffee, I even had a cup . (This is a big deal - I hardly ever drink coffee). Then running around looking at dressed and hats and gloves. So fun! We managed to get some really great outfits, and then I booted off to start my second adventure of the day: Road Trip to Niagara Falls, NY and the Ben Folds concert.

After some deliberation about the departure time, I finally met up with my rough and tumble concert crew (Tom, Karl, Jeff and Cindy) and we left the urban city of Toronto and headed towards Niagara Falls. It was a good car ride, some highlights included Jeff taking pictures of a little push pin he found stuck in the seat on Tom's car - it was especially funny when he put in in Karl's hair ("Just let it happen!") and when Cindy and I worked together to get a picture of it next to Jeff's mole (they're cousins). Other highlights included Tom's rather unsuccessful ventures trying to find a Tim Horton's - at least it made for a nice detour through Grimsby and good ice cream stop.

After a venture looking at the Canadian falls (and all the tacky touristy crap around) we decided to head over the border. Of course that was an adventure in and of itself because Karl didn't have any photo ID because it all got stolen. Luckily we weren't stuck long, and after some quick fingerprinting and photo taking for Karl and little prayer by the rest of us, we were on our way again. Little did we know were heading into a rather sad and deserted looking town - half of the houses and shops in Niagara Falls, NY were boarded up and the roads were full of pot holes. We did, however, manage to find a gem of a place stop and eat - excellent sweet potato fries.

From there we headed over to the concert venue, which turned out to be quite small. I quickly found my friend Tiffany and her mom Bonnie a.k.a "Momma" Clayton and even my friend's Steve and Bri. It was great. We got a nice seat on the bleachers with a direct view of Ben at the piano and we didn't have to face the nasty crowd of super young college kids on the floor. Just as well because they all seemed so young that if you even looked at them you were jail bait! Ben was awesome! I swear he looked at me a couple of time, right Tiff? ;) Highlight included a great rendition of Bitches Ain't Sh*t and his improved version of Rock This Bitch - "Basketball is my favourite sport, I like to dribble up and down the court..." Love it!

The drive home was pretty quiet, we all just kinda chatted. Cindy and I had a really good talk. Sometimes it's just nice to be around Christian friends. It's pretty special when one minute you can be joking around at a concert together, and the next minute you can be talking about spiritual stuff. I didn't have that for a long time, and it's a true blessing. I tell ya though, by the time we got back to the city I was tired, and ready for bed.

Yep, we definitely rocked it!

2 comments:

Stephen Johns said...

This bitch was rocked, indeed! It was great seeing you; we'll have to rock another bitch at another time. ;)

girl said...

YARRGH!

That bites. Next time, Tuffy, next time.

Miliwakee?