Monday, May 22, 2006

Party time! Excellent!

Today was again pretty chill - much needed after the excitement of last week. I made a start on some packing, and managed to throw away from more crap that I don't need. Next step is getting it out of the house. I want it gone!

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Wayne's World with my friend Lisa. As it turns out, she's just a huge a fan as I am, and we spent a good few minutes quoting the movie even before it started. Oh the hilarity. Such quotes as:

"A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own a gun , let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."

"She will be mine. Oh yes. She will be mine."

"Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries!"

"I still live with my parents, which I admit is both bogus and sad."

and our personal favourite:

"I once thought I had mono for a whole year. Turns out I was just really bored."

It was expecially enjoyable to watch with Lisa because she grew up in Chicagoland, so she gets all the references to that, and well, coming from Canada, I get a lot of the Canadian reference that Mike Myers throws in. Sigh. What a good movie.

(thumbs up) "Zang".

4 comments:

Stephen Johns said...

"In France, they'd call you 'Le Renard'. You'd be hunted, with nothing but your cunning to protect you." THAT, my friend, is the best line in the movie. ;)

Steve

AZD said...

Or when Garth says: "Did you ever see that "Twilight Zone" where the guy signed a contract and they cut out his tongue and put it in a jar and it wouldn't die, it just grew and pulsated and gave birth to baby tongues? Pretty cool, huh?"

ButterPeanut said...

In fact, isn't Milwaukee and indian word?"

- Why, yes it is Pete. It is actually pronounced mil-ee-wau-kay, which is Algonquin for "the good land."

girl said...

"I'll have the cream of Sum Yun Gai"

(fixes hair and looks pleased with himself)