Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lost boys (and girls)

This weekend has almost officially been devoted to reconnecting with long lost friends - and if that isn't the theme, I would have to go with boys, seeing as I've spent more time with boys than girls this weekend. Yup, pretty funny - it's been sleep, lazing and hanging with boys. Oh, that's funny now that I think about it. "Shifty".

On Friday night, I had dinner with my friend Jared who I haven't seen in almost two years. Not suprising seeing as he's been teaching in Lithuania for a year. We originally met a church in Waterloo called The Embassy about 4 or 5 years ago now, and we've managed to stay in touch off and on since then. It was really nice to just be able to chat in person, in the same city, heck, on the same continent even. He's a very cool person, so that made it even more of a pleasure. After the dinner, I ended up watching Napoleon Dynamite with my friend David, which was also good. I enjoy that movie for it's sheer quotable quality. "I caught you a delicious bass!" :) I even managed to catch up with Ryan over the phone that night - the poor kid got his wisdom teeth taken out last Tuesday and then had an adverse reaction to the meds he was on. Brutal. Here's to hoping he's better.

Saturday was a pretty chill day - I organized a meeting with a guy I sorta knew from Labrador City named Donny Swanson. We connected via MySpace, and he's been living in Ontario for about as long as I have now. It was kind of surreal, but we had a good afternoon downtown just hanging out. A highlight was going into the new Apple store in the Eaton Centre. I treated myself to a new remote/FM radio transmitter for my iPod. The rest of the time was spent walking and chatting. It was nice to be able to talk about stuff from back "home" with someone who actually knows what I am talking about. We talked about "the lights" (there is only one street light in Lab West) and about the nasty bars. It was fun. All in all, a successful venture. After that I spent an evening having excellent sushi at Fujiyama with my friend Karl, which we then followed up with a viewing of the movie X-men. It was a good way to get excited about the X-Men 3.

Today has been pretty chill - had brunch with the girls upstairs and then went to set up for church. David rocked the sermon tonight with an excellent talk about 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, and Colin led some great worship. I nipped out early though, cause I hopped the GO train to Pickering to have some food and drinks with my friends Al and Jen and Kate from Queen's plus their respective significant others Scott, Shaun and Jeff. It was a lovely evening - I haven't seen these people in ages. I got to see Al's rock and to finally meet Jen's squeeze. I think the most interesting part was my long involved philisophical/theological debate with Scott - it's true, he does just keep going on any point. Ha! In the end of it all I urged him to read Mere Christianity and to give me feed back on that. hehehe.

Now I must be off to bed. Too many late nights, not enough sleep lately.

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

I am ridiculously excited about X3.