Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Back to some semblance of normality

The move is officially done. I am now living near Boystown, subletting my friend Kate's place. And although it is only a temporary move, I've gotta say I am just glad to have it over with. The move when off even more smoothly than I though. I couldn't believe it. I was petrified of three things: 1) driving a cube truck in Toronto, 2) not having enough man power to get moved quickly and 3) not having enough room to dump my stuff while subletting. All I can say is that the worrying was all for naught. I had no trouble with the truck at all, I had plenty of loving help getting the move done (Thanks Enoch, Coatesy, Anne Marie and Jon!) and there is more than enough room at the new place to store all my boxes.

Next step, finding a new place for September. No stress. It will happen. God obviously provides. Maybe I can find a new hip downtown pad just for me. That would be awesome. Baby steps.

Work is good too, feels a little strange to be back after a break. They changed the lights here, and I felt so weird to be walking in this morning. I kept thinking something was different until someone tipped me off. I managed to survive the day only being minimally affected by the almost inevitable feeling of stupidity that comes on after a break from the daily grind- you know, that time you need to relearn work mode - and I was actually quite productive today. Productive enough to get stuff done before writing on my blog. :)

Yes, friends, she's back in the game.

No comments: