Saturday, July 29, 2006

I wanna be a supermodel!

Sometimes it's just worthwhile to get a chance to dress up and have some fun. Usually I just do it for me, but on Friday I got to do it for an even better reason - I was a model in the fashion that happened at the One by One art show that my good friends TF and Roshan helped organize. It was a really fun time. I had my makeup and hair done up in a very over the top supermodel kind of way, and I got to wear a few fun outfits from a great store you should all check out called Freedom Clothing. (It's located just past Long and McQuade at Bloor and Ossington).

So, what did I get to wear in front of everyone? (And it was a great turn out!) Well, I'm lacking on the picture front right now (I forgot my camera, so I'm rely on other peoplee's pics). I will try to describe things anyway. My first outfit was a light pink slip silk-screened skirt and black t-shit with detailing. I wore that with pink pump and matching pink belt. Outfit two was a lovely orange/patterned dress that had an empire waist and long A-line skirt. The best feature was the back with consisted only of ribbons that crossed at the back. This was worn with fun green heels. The third outfit was a black vintage satiny skirt with pinky red lace at the bottom paired with a black tube top and finished off with a cute pink fuzzy cropped top. Finished with pink pumps. And my last outfit was a halter top and matching "boy undies" that were red with black stars and black lace accents. As Borat would say "Very nice!'

All in all, it was good night. The art was good, the show was good, and it was really fun. Thanks Esther for letting me be a supermodel for the night! Thanks to the wardrobe ladies! And thanks to all the show organizers and all the guests!

OHHHH!!! Wait p.s. - Got a great additional story for the night. I was kind of caught off guard, but I finally got to do something I've been trying to for almost a year - I got to meet Cathy Keenan a.k.a. Liz O'Rourke from Degrassi. (If you don't know the character, look for a profile here). WOW! This made my half-decade at least. Yeah, Cathy works with my friend Luke and he's been trying to help me meet her for ages and it finally came to fruition. She's really nice, and even told me that I could meet her again. Hopefully next time I will have my camera and can put the details on the blog. WOO!

No comments: