Sunday, July 30, 2006

Double feature

Oh the adventures of spending a Saturday night with film people. Karl and I went to see Lady in the Water and then ended up (unbeknownst to me until the moment of) meeting up with his friend Kevin to see Miami Vice right after that. Both we worthwhile movies to see, though I do lean towards the former as it has a MUCH better story. And that's saying something seeing as I don't really like all of M. Night's movies. And I will also concede that Miami Vice is worth seeing, as it was shot in video, and that does have an interesting effect.

After the movies, the three of us went to the Village Idiot and squeaked in right at last call for a couple of pints, and at chat with a random drunken guy at the bar. Interestingly we ended up having a conversation about God. Funny how those conversations find you. The nicest part of it was being called "an angel". It was very sweet.

Both Kevin and I ended up crashing at Karl's place, so when we go up we all chatted more, and I made omelets for breakfast, and Kevin and I bonded over music. All in all it was a good time. Props to "grills, hammer pants and BFF's".

:)

No comments: