Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Adding to the collection...

Yesterday, someone posted on my church website about musicals, and how to get the songs out of your head. Apparently his roomie has been really into watching the new Rent movie. He wanted to know if anyone had another musical to lend to his roomate to get new songs. I, being quite the musical lover, decided to list the musicals I own to help. In doing so, I realized just how ridiculous my musical addiction is...

In fact, I will list my musical collection, at least what I can remember I own, here to give you an idea:

Movies:
Annie
A Chorus Line
The Who's Tommy
The Sound of Music
My Fair Lady
Newsies
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Grease
Grease 2

Singing in the Rain (borrowed)
Cabaret (borrowed)

Soundtracks/Music on CD:
Wicked
The Last Five Years

Song for A New World
Sunday in the Park with George
Godspell (lastest Broadway version on burned CD and old original cast on LP)

Miss Saigon (Highlights only)
The Pirates of Penzance

John and Jen
Lucky Stiff
Urinetown
Throughly Modern Millie
Hair
Aida (Elton John/Tim Rice version)
Bat Boy: The Musical
Les Miserables (10th Anniversary concert version)
The Phatom of the Opera
Bye, Bye Birdie
Crazy For You
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
Chicago (movie version)

Moulin Rouge (loose definition of musical)


Recordings live at Queen's:
John and Jen
Lucky Stiff
Five Guys Named Moe
City of Angels
The Rocky Horror Show
Bye Bye Birdie
Bat Boy: The Musical

Various songs from (among others):
Jekyll and Hyde
Chess
Cabaret
Five Guys Named Moe
Blood Brothers
Guys and Dolls
Little Shop of Horrors
Man of La Mancha
Gypsy
Gigi
West Side Story
South Pacific
The Producers
The Music Man
Rent
Funny Girl
Cats
Mamma Mia!
Kiss Me Kate
Carousel
Jesus Christ Superstar
Annie Get Your Gun
Starlight Express

I know, it's a lot! Then if it was just a little ironic trick of nature, I finally got my Amazon order last night, and what did I order? You got it: musicals! Now I can add Marry Me a Little and Starting Here, Starting Now to the collection of CDs...

And people wonder why I'm always singing. HA!

No comments: