Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring is in the air

This weekend has a distinct spring-time theme to it. It's nice to be slowly moving into new weather and such. And this past weekend was just full of reminders that spring is on the way. Plus, overall, it was just a damn good time.

Friday night, my friend Roshan and I went to the "Spring Fling" for work and got to dance up a storm. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with people from the call centre outside of a work context. Me, being a slightly mischievous girl, enjoyed every minute of trying to make those who would not normally dance get up on the dance floor. It was fun. Really.

It also really helped the weather was gorgeous both Saturday and Sunday. I actually broke out my bike and took off riding, which was such a lovely treat, seeing as I just adored having a bike this summer. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I do, and seriously, it made me a little giddy to be able to take off and ride again. Wahoo!

Then Saturday night I traveled to Pickering to celebrate my friend Tiffany's birthday. (As a side note, she's running a marathon and is raising money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, sponsor her at
Run Tuffy Run. Oh, and Tuffy, did I tell you my aunt died of Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma, YOU ROCK especially hard now, I didn't realize you were running for them!). It was a blast. We had a pink drink theme - Cosmos and Zinfandel - and tons of good eats. Ok, seriously, I'm still salivating over this amazing apple/caramel dish. Mmm...And there was also tons of good conversation. I got to catch up with some amazing Queen's people who I haven't seen in a long while, and even meet some new people. I mean, you can't go wrong celebrating the birthday of an amazing girl, and it doesn't hurt to have a great time doing it!

Another highlight of the day was spending some time having a good heart to heart conversation with my friend Kate. She is also an amazing girl. I've know her for such a long time it seems (we met in first year at Queen's) and have seen each other through quite a few turns since then. Really, she's someone I fully esteem because she is just a great person. It was so nice to connect with her and spend some quality time gabbing about life. Then, to top it off, I had yet another great conversation with Jay later on about life and about inspiration. Good kid, that Jay. Kinda just put the challenge in the simplest terms. And he's living his dream. I'm so proud of him.

It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Roshan Grossman said...

Friday was a really good time :D Thanks for the shout out!