Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Wow, now THAT was a compliment!

I had a random thought today about true compliments - one's that just speak to your very soul, ones that just feel a little need you have, ones that just make you feel great. Recently, I recieved such a compliment from a friend. It was just really genuine and off-the-cuff but it was beautiful and it made me feel really good. (Thank you, person, if you know who you are!) I thought for a moment and realized that it was probably only the second compliment that I've recieved like that this year. And it made me cherish it all the more. The first compliment happened in March, again in a very random manner, but a person just turned to me and said something that made my very insides just feel sunnier. He didn't even know how much what he said had meant to me, and still might not know to this day. It was just something I needed to hear, and it built me up in a great way. Hmmm...there should be more encouragement like that.

Ever really think about these kind of moments? Challenge yourself for a second, just ask yourself when was the last time someone really genuinely made you feel good. Remember it, and never forget it. We can always use a reason to smile, right?

No comments: