Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

For the second year in a row, I didn't make it home to visit my family for Thanksgiving. It's kinda sad, because for a long time (especially when I was at school) it was something I really looked forward to. But alas, as things worked out, I've had to work both last year and this year. In the end it's been good. Last year around this time I was going out to brunch with my ex Dan and his parents, this year I was offered at least two different turkey dinners. It's amazing what can happen in a year...

Today was a good day. I had some weird dreams last night, something to do with Germany, probably because I watched a German movie before bed and I have a new found bank of German friends. Very strange. I awoke, was running late, but made it to work. For the third day in a row, it was just me and Kaleena on at the store, and it was pretty chill. We had a fairly steady flow considering it was Thanksgiving Monday, and we still managed to beat our goal in sales for the day. I mean, I managed to sell 6 watches - that's almost ridiculous based on the aforementioned holiday. Heck ya!

Then I went and had a great meal of turkey and veggies at my friend Rachel's. This girl is amazing - I have never met a better organizer and more practical girl than her. She's fantastic. I mean, she's the only person that just about rivals my sister in whom I find great and sensible advice about 95% of the time. (That's saying a lot, 'cause I really love and respect my sister, and hold her opinions in very high esteem). But back to the dinner - dessert was pumpkin and white chocolate tart topped with marzipan pumpkins. Wow. It was nice to just be somewhere to have someone take care of you, with good conversation. If you can't be with your immediate family, it's good to have a very amazing replacement family. Sigh.

Tonight was bonding time with Nick - it might just be that he is switching over from WWE RAW to UFC (Ultimate Fighter Challenge), so tonight I sat down to watch some of the fights. It's true, it's very exciting compared to the sheer contrivance that is professional wrestling at times. Maybe Monday night will be forever changed at the Harem House!

Anyway - today was a good day friends. I hope yours was too. Full of fall leaves, pumpkin pies, and good friends and family. Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always forget Canadian bacons have x-giving now until I am reminded by C-friends. Do you eat turkey? I am waiting to watch UFC now...waiting....waiting...any minute now....
-"just passing by"