Sunday, October 09, 2005

Excuse me, didn't you go to Queen's?

Today was a super Queen's hook-up kind of day. Seriously. It's sometimes ridiculous how many Queen's alumni (even current students) that are walking around Toronto!

For example, today, in my store, I not only had one, but no, two people from Queen's walk in, both of which I knew! The first was a lovely lad named Peter with whom I worked at Walkhome in first year (that being 99-00). He came in to get his sister's watch repaired and we had a moment to catch up. About an hour later, another girl came in to the store who looked very familiar. I asked, "Didn't you go to Queen's?" and she said "Yes!". We did the intros, and tried to figure out why each of us looked familiar to the other. I finally made the connection - she lived upstairs from me in Adelaide Hall in first year. Holy crap.

The best part is that this happens all the time. Last night on the subway to St. Clair West, a boy got on and he was from Queen's I'm sure of it. I didn't know him, but I'm pretty damn sure he was in science with me. Last week on my way to visit my friend Michelle, a fellow Queen's Alum, I was in College station, and TWO Queen's grads that I knew walked by me. Two days ago my friend Chris Rapson walked past my store on Queen West. The connections are endless. We always said it was two degrees of separation at school, now it's leaking into life in Toronto! Ha!

Ironically, tonight I went out with Queen's friends, three of which are in a Masters program at U of T, all from different years, and the people we know are interchangeable. Funny. It's just funny. I guess there nothing else to say but...

OOOOHHH!!!!

Oil thigh na Banrighinn a'Banrighinn gu brath!
(Do the) Oil thigh na Banrighinn a'Banrighinn gu brath!
Oil thigh na Banrighinn a'Banrighinn gu brath!
Cha Cheil, Cha Cheil, Cha Cheil!

3 comments:

Stephen Johns said...

You also ran into me at the Bloor/Yonge subway--I can't help but feel profoundly rejected by this snub. ;) -- Steve-o

girl said...

That's so true! It's just you're more than just a Queen's face! ;)

Brianna said...

Hey Felicity - how's this for random?
Steve Johns, previous poster, is my wonderful boyfriend (who you probably know from walkhome, and who was my night co the summer after 3rd year), and you and I were in Michelle Newman's acting class together in ... second year? Maybe third? Hard to remember. I'm living at College/Spadina and working at St.Clair and Spadina Road, and can't believe how many people look vaugely familiar to me .... I'm sure that this city must be over run with us :D

I hope toronto's treating you well - maybe I'll see you on the subway some time!

- Bri