Friday, October 28, 2005

A long lost godfather...

It's been over a week, almost ten days since we've started this trip and we've packed in quite a few things. I'm surprised we got her without murdering each other seeing as an 8 hour plane ride, followed soon after by an 11 hour plane ride is enough to make anyone edgy. Needless to say, I bit my tongue on most of my drama queenish moments - not all, seeing as my CD player and my headphones both decided to break on the trip to RSA! grr!!! - and we made it safe and sound.

One of the highlights of the trip was me getting to meet my godfather, Tony, for the first time that I can remember. My parents last saw him about 24 years ago, just after my christening and just before they left for Canada. We met up with Tony, who consequently is an Anglican priest, in London, near Picadilly Circus while we had a twelve hour stop over between flights. It was just enough time to get in a little lunch and a look at the Edward Munsch (sp?) exhibit at the Royal Academy. Can you imagine I've got a godfather who loves movies like Sin City, but he is still someone who will do a High Church service every week? Very cool. One of the nicest parts was him letting me know he's been praying for me all these years, and well, that's just always nice to know, right?

The rest of the day was spent getting back to the airport so we could hop on the next part of the journey - not without having a break to buy some English Cadbury chocolates...mmm... All stress aside, we made it, and we were on the way again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So which do you like better? English or Swiss chocolate?

-=- Some Joe Schmo -=-