Friday, June 02, 2006

Packing sucks the big one

One sure fire way to realize (quickly) just how much shit you can collect over a two year span is to move house. It's awful. I'm constantly finding more things I want to get rid of, but the minute I do there is something else in my way. And tonight I had to go through 2 Rubbermaid boxes until I could find one to fit all my CDs and movies. Yikes. I've got a lot of those. I haven't even started on books yet, which is not so bad...but in the back of my head I'm always reminded that the other half of them are currently residing in KW. At least I've got month to get things straightened out, and then I can look forward to a newer, bigger place. (The only major dissapointment in that department of late is that the apartment below my friend Rachel is no longer coming available in September. I've gotta search for something good in the meantime).

On a lighter note, things are picking up at work. It's nice to hear Ry tell me that I'm doing a good job at catching on quickly, though it does still feel slightly strange to be sitting at his desk, answering emails and such like he used to. Wow. I'm becoming more growed up. :)

I'm glad the weekend is coming up - I've got to squeeze in more packing, but I think it'll be ok. That and I would like to sleep a little too. I've got a mini cold that's just plain annoying, especially coupled with allergies.

Boo on it all.

3 comments:

Ericka said...

i hear you on the mini cold. guh! and in the summer!!! couldn't the virus wait oh, 6 months until winter??

good luck packing......packing sucks.

Johanna said...

hey Felicity,

Remember, things are coming available here in the fall. So keep that in mind if you're really in a tight place.

Jo

Anonymous said...

hey dude,

if you need extra time to get things worked out, you can crash at our place for a few more months... i'm pretty sure jon wouldn't mind. we could use the money!

luv k