Monday, June 05, 2006

A moment for a life I once knew

Friends, today I want to take a moment to reflect on an a tragic accident that has happened, involving a friend and classmate of mine from back in Labrador. His name is Aaron Kelly. He was one of my first crushes, the boy who had the guts to dress up like Garth for Halloween, and the boy who inspired me to listen to Weezer. Although I haven't seen or talked to him in about seven years, the events have hit home, and I don't know what else to do but shed a tear, and take a moment.

Aaron has been teaching in Korea for about year now, along with another girl from Labrador City. About two weeks ago, I got word that he had a very serious fall from a cliff and was critically injured. News has been spotty, but what I have managed to piece together is that he was apparently running/walking in the street and fell through some sort of gap and landed on a concrete culvert. Either way, he sustained serious head injuries as was brought to hospital to be stabilized and has been in a coma. Late last week, I heard that luckily his parents and good friend has managed to make it out there from Lab City to be by his side. Alas, new also followed that things took a turn for the worst, and all brain activity ceased (if there was any to begin with). Last I heard, his parents chose to have the nutrition and medications keeping him alive. The vigil remains to see if and when he has passed, which most likely happened this past weekend. I have yet to hear more.

So, please, I beg of you all, pray for his family and for the rest of his soul. God has his reasons for this, and I firmly believe He is in control. I just wish...Aaron would be 25 on Decemeber 29th. He is exactly two months younger than me. It's all so surreal. I don't know what to think or feel.

I shall just shed a tear and say a prayer.

1 comment:

ButterPeanut said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. That's reallly sad.