Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gone golfin'

Work has been fun lately. I've been learning lots, trying to get into the groove of what can and can't be done to accomodate people, and learning the new computer programs. Somehow, I've managed to get two free lunches and a some other free goodies over the last few days. I swear, I really am becoming Ryan 3.0 (one better than a replacement). Just kidding. I could never step into Ry's shoes, at least not without using tons of TP!

Speaking of Ryan, my trainer has been working really hard this week. (Note: dripping sarcasm). Hard enough that he ended up golfing this past Monday and I was left to my own devices. Just as well, I learned a lot by getting on with things myself, and I think Ryan very much welcomed the break. He's been really thinking outside the office lately, and understandably so. If I was about to pack up for two months in Europe in about a week's time, my mind would be elsewhere too. Coupled with leaving the company all together, heck, I don't know that I would even make it in! Ha! What's even funnier is that he was accidentally deleted from the office system, so even if he wanted to, he can't really do much work. Maybe he planned it...Golfing? Hacking is more like it.

Honestly, I've gotta admit, I'm not sure that I could ever really follow in Ryan's steps. There more time I'm around him, the more I notice just how much of a positive impact this crazy kid has had on this office. Wow. He's leaving broken hearts everywhere. Like I mentioned once before, Ryan is a golden kid. Seldom will you find such a youngin with such a good head. I know it's going to be huge when he leaves, and well, I know I will miss him dearly. For really.

So, Ryan, I'm gonna miss you kid. Lots of love!

No comments: