Sunday, June 11, 2006

A crushtastic weekend

It's been a crazy weekend. Lots of fun stuff going on and lots of sleep. Starting this past Thursday, I volunteered doing FOH (front of house) stuff for Queen's Players Toronto's The OCSI. Very fun show, and it's just nice to be out with the Playaz again (especially because they are all so crushtastic!) Thursday was opening night, and although I wish there could have been more audience participation, I think everything went quite well.


Friday was a very busy day - it's was Ryan's last day at work. Wow, everyone is really going to miss that kid. It was gifts, coffees, and food galore at the office (yes, Derek, I did get another cookie). I've gotta admit it was a little hard to stay on track with everything work wise, seeing as I was also being Ryan's social convener and secretary. Grr. Alas, it all worked out really well. After the work day was done, we went and had a few drinks and some food next door at the Firkin, and it was overall a very good night. (Ugh, I'm gonna miss that kid).

Saturday I slept in and spent the rest of the day packing up my kitchen stuff while watching my taped episode of of Ultimate Fighter 3. (p.s. I can't believe how the first semi-final fight went down. My Canadian boy wussed out. Oooh that makes me mad. At least it was a good fight up until the end. Hope next week is less disappointing). The evening was spent doing FOH for Playaz again. Lots of fun! The show was really good, much bigger audience, bigger laughs all topped off with a trip to Mel's for Moutine (meat poutine). Ok, please note, I did not go the mout route, I went just shared a poutine with a friend - we might have even shared a moment. ;) Sigh.

Today has been pretty relaxed. I slept in again, seeing as I went to bed at 3:30 am it's justified, and packed my bags for KW. Yep, she's home for a week. I've got meetings in Waterloo for work, and I'm excited about meeting the team. It was nice to even get picked up in Toronto by my colleagues, two of which I was meeting in person for the first time. Very cool.

I'll keep you posted on the week of crazy Kay-dub fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this 'friend' you shared a poutine moment with the nicest man in the world who also happens to be heading to germany very very soon???

i just love that guy!

how's my playaz crush? (do you know who my playaz crush is? you must!)

girl said...

Maaaybe...

Um, does he have an interesting name and play on the OC team?

Anonymous said...

one word: macbeth!

girl said...

I know who that is!

Wow.

hehehe.