Sunday, June 25, 2006

Broken Bloc Fiest Raising Woot!

Karl, you are officially my favourite person of the weekend. Yes, the weekend only. ;)

Why?

Well, because on Friday after work I got a phone call that set me in a great mood. Karl called and told me he had a free ticket for me to go see the concert on Olympic Island on Saturday. Wow! Let me see...spend the day packing or got see Fiest, Bloc Party and Broken Social Scene...hmm...Yeah, no contest. (Please note this news came just before I got the internet back - uh, heck ya!)

So, as you can guess, Saturday turned out to be a very good day. I woke up in the morning, went to see an apartment, came home and organized getting my ticket from my friend Martine. That turned out really well, because I went just at brunch time, and we had pancakes, and spend a few minutes chatting, it was awesome. After I got my ticket and arranged the meeting time for the concert, I headed home and did a little bit of packing. It was good, fairly productive, though I realize now that I totally missed an afternoon BBQ I was supposed to go to...oops, nothing serious. Then the concert crew, consisting of myself, Martine, Lisa L. and Martine's brother Phil and his gf Becca were off to the ferry so we could take in the concert. Karl was already over there seeing as he was filming the event (the whole reason the ticket was free) and we got to see him briefly before we found a great little niche to sit and watch Fiest. Very cool, very laid back. She sang beautifully seeing as she was complaining of having a terrible flu. Then we managed to score even better seats to watch Bloc Party and BSS on a slight incline. Bloc Party was great! We danced and enjoyed the summer sun. After a small food break, it was time for BSS! They were so good too. It's my first time seeing them live, and it was sooo worth it. They played until almost 11! Wow! So good.

After the show was over, and we had the necessary bathroom run, we all headed over to the beach for a few minutes. Marty took some great photos of Lisa, Becca and I swinging, and such. It was so nice to have sand on our feet and to feel free of the business of Toronto. Then we got on the ferry, interestingly enough, right next to Amy Milan and the entire band/horn section. hehehe. Very cool again.

Overall, one of my better summer Toronto Saturdays. And all thanks to Karl.

(giggly voice) I like you, Karl, hehehe.

1 comment:

tyrone said...

I'm surprised Danielle and I didn't see you over there... J. Mascis was amazing! We went right down to the front of the stage to check him out... good times.