Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Little girl

Thank heaven for being someone's little girl.

This week at home has been a really nice treat. Although I have done a lot of socializing outside, I'm really glad to be able to come home to Mum and Dad at night. Sometimes you just need that. It's nice to walk in a have a little congratulatory 'prezzie' waiting for you along with a packet of red licorice (my fav!).

Also, Mum bought some of my favourite foods to BBQ - lamb and steak. I've had a very comfy bed to sleep in, and I've got a great garden to sit in. It's surprising how much I find I have a love/hate relationship with Toronto. I love it when I'm there, but I hate the concrete. That's another element. KW has fresh air... and grass. And it's still considered getting fresh air when you're drinking on a patio, rather that smogginess. It's lovely. Plus, Mum's garden is a treat to be in. It's got lots of lovely flowers. Sigh.

It's just funny, you know, coming back home. No matter how old you get, how independent you want to feel, there is always a part of you that can be charmed by having someone care for you. Maybe that's part of what we're all searching for, something to replace the sense of home. Until I find it, I'm gonna enjoy every minute of having a "Mummy" and "Daddy".

1 comment:

Roshan Grossman said...

Totally hear ya!

Glad you're back in the city :)