Thursday, November 30, 2006

Clearly Toronto is a small world.

Tonight I went to see a rockin' show at the Rivoli played by my pal Colin Munroe. It was a great show and both Colin's band and the opening band were really tight. I was really glad I went. And on top of that, I ran into an old friend from school Anton and let me tell you exactly why it's such a small world.

You see I met Anton at Queen's through my good friend Shamus "Damn I'm" Fynes who was in Bye Bye Birdie with me and who was also in my acting class. All three of us were in Music 121 together (The Social History of Popular Music) and we would sometimes sit together. In the summer of 2004 at Summer Playaz (that Shamus was in), I met Anton's best friend from home Daniel Roberts. Yes, the very same Dan that I ended up loving and dating for a while. As I was dating Dan I met his other best friend Cody very briefly. Cody went to OCAD and was in film and directed Dan in a movie that Dan told me about. Later it turned out that the other director for that movie was my good friend Karl (aka Wendel to them). I found this out about a year ago, and it was kinda strange to put things together with Karl and Dan. Weird.

Move forward to about 2 months ago - Colin was getting his band together and one of the guys in the band was Josh Lyon. Both of these boys got to FT with me and Karl. Josh is friends with another band member, Adam, and because of him spent a year living with Cody and Dan. I found this out because I had posted a pic of me and Dan on my Flickr site and Josh commented on it. I thought that was weird too. Then tonight I went to see Colin play and who is there but Anton and Cody to see their friend Adam play. Weird.

Small world, isn't it?

No comments: