Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Steel Shank

Last Sunday night, me and my MTL crew (MN & DC) watched a great movie called Kinky Boots. The premise of the movie is as follows: a son inherits a struggling men shoe company from his father and doesn't know what to do with the failure. Someone suggests finding a niche market, and by hapenstance, he finds one in the most unlikely place: with a drag queen! Women's boots aren't made to support the weight of a man - why can't there be sexy boots made to do so? Fun story, and based on true events nonetheless. Anyway - to my point. In one scene, a very conservative looking older worker, whom the "boss" sercretly believes is judging him, all of a sudden spout off a great idea for solving the weight vs. stiletto problem: a steel shank (from toe to heel). It was such a golden line, DC and MN decided to take it on as a symbol of all great breakthroughs. Steel shank.

So today I was thinking about a sermon David had last week at FT. The was talking about putting Jesus into the dark part of your life, and being willing to accept His working in your life. And I just thought of something - Jesus is my steel shank. Very cool. He holds me together and supports me, and well, takes every step with me.

I like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

searched for "steel shank" on google and found this post as the 9th entry. As a believer of Christ as my Lord an d Savior, I found your post inspiring. Thank you