Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Jolly Ol' England

It's about 9:10 in the morning and I'm doing my internet business again, this time at Heathrow airport. We climbed off the long flight from Cape Town just over and hour ago, and now we're just getting freshened up - I feel soooooo sticky after 12 hours on a plane - then we're off to catch a train to Trowbridge, near Bath, to see my godmother, my mom's nursing friends, and even my dad's long lost cousin that he hasn't seen in sixty years! Should be a fine adventure for the next four days, then we're back on the plane to Canada on Saturday. Wahoo!

I'm feeling a little blue that I'm no longer sitting drinking tea with my aunt and uncle. (Trust me they drink tea - I could almost float home!) We went out with a bang, though. On Saturday it was my 24th Birthday, so we had a celebration, and it was great. Literally this is my first birthday spent in Africa since my birth day. We also exchange presents and so on as a little early "Christmas with the Canadians" kinda thing. We also were celebrating my aunt's 60th birthday and 40th wedding anniversary. Lots to be happy about!

Yesterday was a tearful good-bye - it's hard to leave when you feel like you're just getting to know someone for the first time in a life time. At least now I have a personality to add to the picture of the mysterious people in Africa I talk to every Christmas morning! Sigh!

Time's running out again, but onwards and upwards! See you all Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think the flight from SA to Canada through England is bad, try the one that goes over the Cape Verde islands. It's like 14-17 hours total, and the one or so hours of time that you do spend on solid ground, you're not even allowed to leave the plane!

Anyways, enough ranting on my behalf. Happy Birthday, Felicity.

(: Some Joe Schmo :)