Monday, November 21, 2005

Sardine-n-it-up!

Now, if anyone had told me last year that I would be spending a Saturday evening playing Sardines in Toronto's Kensington Market, I don't think I would have believed them. But that's exactly what I did this weekend passed!

For those of you who don't know what Sardines is, it's a slightly different version of Hide-and-Go-Seek. The idea is that someone goes and hides, and then everyone goes out to search for them. If and when the hider is found by a person, that person then stays with them in the hiding spot, and you do begin to feel like a can of sardines. hehehe!

For the first round on Saturday my friend Galen and I went to hide. We chose a low stairwell, somewhat covered by the dark, that let to a wall. We were a little nervous that the door was an apartment as we didn't want to fall in or anything...well, you can imagine where this is going. We were eventually found by our friend Mark, and he joined us, agreeing that it was probably just a storeroom we were sitting by. Then just as we went to get up, Mark tipped us over a little, and the door suddenly opened, and I fell in through the door! It was someone's house, there was music playing! Yikes! hahaha! Luckily there was a little sheet covering the door so I wasn't discovered, but I swear, all three of us jumped up so quickly and ran away giggling as fast as we could! A definate highlight to the game!

1 comment:

Marc said...

Hide and seek in Kensington mkt? Lots of cool hiding spots there!!!

Great blog by the way!
J-M