Sunday, January 07, 2007

More mice madness

Sometimes there are things in life you should just continue to be blissfully unaware of. Like fecal matter on your toothbrush (see this episode of Mythbusters) or that your comforter in a hotel room probably wasn't washed between hotel guests. Again, these are not things you want to think about.

Well, I stumbled upon a situation like that this weekend. I hate originally come home on Saturday night to get a good night of sleep. I simply thought to a couple of quick household chores before bed, the major one being cleaning up and moving the mouse poison I have set out in my kitchen seeing as this week I am set to babysit two lovely kitties in my home. I don't want to poison them. Makes sense, right? Well....

In this little clean up, I stumbled on a very nasty thing - the real home of the last set of mice in my house. It seems they no longer liked the original cupboard they were in, and moved across to the other one in my kitchen (the one sans food) and they seem to have been having a party. My shopping bag collection was sitting on top of the largest amount of mouse feces I have ever wished to see in my life. Eww. And the worst of it - a dead baby mouse. So, not only had they camped there, they breeded there, and shat there. Double eww.

Now, I am not a squimish person - I am not afraid of mice - dead or alive. I am, however, distincly opposed to living in a ferocious festering fecal forms. In other words, I don't wanna live in shit. So I cleaned. And cleaned, and disinfected, and poisoned, and cleaned and moved the fridge and cleaned (shudder to more poo)...all ending just after 1 am. Ugh. Only to find mouse poo near my garbage can in my bedroom!

YAAAAAAAARGH!

What an adventure. I just hope these cats are mousers.

No comments: