Monday, September 11, 2006

Long crazy catch up type post

This weekend was insanity. I was lucky enough to get a chance to leave work a little early on Friday so I could get prepared for my lovely sister's visit. I left on a bit of a sad note though - the famous Greg aka GR aka Il Diablo resigned as of Friday. I'm excited for him, that he's moving on to do something he really wants to do, but I was sad to see my friend leave. He's kick ass. And GR, if you're reading - all the best and stay in touch.

Friday's commute home was interesting. Instead of dealing with the bottleneck taking the bus home (and hour and half, gah!) I decided to face the transfers and hit up the following route home: Bloor to Ossington, Ossington bus to Rosemount. Then I waited for sis. While Wends got stuck in traffic, I painted my living room, and I finally finished the red wall. I really like it. Too bad it's still a little streaky in places, but I ran out of paint, and well, I don't wanna get more 1) because it's more expenses and 2) this is a rental house. All the same, I love my wall, I can't wait to finish putting things on there. Yay. Next step is the rest of the room! ha!

Anyway - Wends finally showed up, she got a tour of the house and we stepped out to have sushi at Fujiyama on Baldwin. (Soooo good, if you haven't gone I suggest you do). Then we decided to go for a little walk passed the gloriousness of OCAD (Wendy's first time seeing it up close), through Grange park and down to Queen W. Apparently we picked a good night - there was a celebrity schmooze going on and for about 15 minutes, sis and I decided to let ourselves be a part of the whole "celebrity watcher" mentality as we watched Sarah Polly talk about her TFF movie. Then as we're walking down John who does Wendy spot by EUGENE LEVY. Very cool. I seriously almost missed him, but sis practically smacked me so I didn't miss him. Again, very cool.

Saturday was chock-a-bloc full of errands. We got up relatively early and headed to Starbucks for a morning wake-up coffee for Wends and my regular drink for me. Then we got practical things done - I got some glasses and LPs at the Sally Ann, a new phone to replace my much dropped old one at Telus, shower curtain hooks and other stuff at the Dollerama. We also checked out the Brick for some deals - finally decided to think about a really nice iron and glass TV stand. Sigh. By this time, though, it was nearing late afternoon and still no furniture had been bought. So, what do you do in this situation? Hit up Ikea. You bet. I ended up finding me some good furniture to go with my dining table and chairs. I found a nice chair, leather couch and a few others sundries. (Yes, I do know this means a HUGE Visa bill). Either way, I've got furniture now. Woo!

Sunday was all about brunch, hitting up the Brick again to get the TV stand (it's being delivered next week, I'm excited) and then we went shopping for lots and lots of groceries. Yum. Then it was time for Wends to go. It's too bad she didn't make FT, I would have loved to have her there for Jess, but what can you do? Overall it was a great visit, and I was so thankful to have Wends help me get stuff, and I was glad she got to see the place. It's slowly coming together.

Yay.

No comments: