Thursday, September 14, 2006

Baptism

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous


This Sunday I am going to be baptized at FT. This is full immersion baptism, something I never thought that I would be doing. Not because I don't believe in baptism, but because I do believe in it. I was baptized as a baby, and confirmed in the Anglican church at 12. I fully believe in what God did for me then, and that it is valid. So why the baptism this week? Truthfully, I'm not quite sure. It's once of those things that just lay upon your heart and you think about it. In fact, I originally started thinking about this in June (at least). Now it's September, and I'm still thinking. And well, the fact is, I am beginning to see that although I may not understand it, God wants me to face the choice of being obedient and to enter into this moment with Him. Pretty cool. It's never a bad thing to stand up and declare your new life in Jesus Christ. And if Jesus Christ IS my life, then I should not fear or turn away from a request to declare that I am following Him.

No comments: