Monday, August 14, 2006

A Freekout Tree-Point-Oh success!

Wow! What a weekend - it was lovely, perfectly lovely. Really. I had such a great time. There were enough cars and tents for everyone - in fact we even had extra space. Despite the fact we didn't get the same sites as last year, we had tons of room, and we had an even better "beach" - instead of icky reeds, we just had rocks that led right into the water. Sooo nice. I can't even begin to describe how great it was to slip into the lake for my first swim on Friday afternoon. It was perfect. The food was great, the campfires were awesome. Sigh. I wanna go back. Guess I just need to step up as "Leader in training".

Sigh.

I've gotta say - it really was a great weekend. We all got there safely on Friday (even if some arrived at 3:30 am!) Saturday was great, starting off after an early morning (cold) swim, it was pancake for breakfast and then off to canoe. After a minor set back, team BFF (Robby J, B and me) came up from behind the pack and guided everyone to a special picnic spot. It was this great flat rock that was perfect for sunning on, and perfect to swim from. After canoeing, the rest of day was spent resting, relaxing, reflecting, and having some God time. Dinner followed by worship songs around the fire, star gazing and chatting with B made the evening really great. I even got to sleep at a decent hour!

Sunday was clean up time, but we managed to fit in a wonderful early morning swim - too bad I didn't feel as well as I wanted to, so I had to cut things short, but all the same. It was a calm lake at sunrise. Wow. After than we ate, cleared up, and hit the showers. Once we were all packed up, the adventure home began. We, of course, stopped in Cloyne for some ice cream, and we took pictures on the "big giant chair", which I hope to keep as a tradition. That was fun. The rest of the ride wasn't much of an adventure, but it was nice. I finished Anne's House of Dreams (Book 5 of the Anne series) and I slept.

We ran a little late for church, but that's ok. The service was good, David preached on Psalm 136, and Leah led worship. Luke took some time to pray for me, which was really nice. I've been needing some prayer lately. Then after that, we dropped on the camping stuff and headed to the Duke of Argyle to celebrate Sue's birthday. It was great! The waiter, Jerry, even offered free shots and got Sue a free dessert. Amazing!

I can't wait until next year!

No comments: