Monday, February 20, 2006

Someone's got a case of the Mondays!

I am a tried and true drama queen today - full on tantrum ready and everything. Let me take you through my day:

I awake early this morning, lug myself to the grocery store to buy the food props we need for the show. It's very heavy carrying tons of stuff on your back, even if it is on the TTC. Grr. Then I get home, feeling a little stressed because I have to strip the pillows/cushions off my couch and bed from home to bring to the set. I'm feeling frustrated because I wanted to have the set dressing stuff listed a while ago, and I'm confused and stressed because I don't know how I can carry groceries, my work bag, and two huge bags of pillows to the theatre on the TTC. Grr times two. I can't get a hold of a friend with a car, and I am forced to call the guy from the show who's helping me out with running props, almost in tears because I am feeling stressed.

I burn my breakfast bagel, feeling all the more incompetent and angry. I throw it in the sink. Grr times three. I put a new bagel in the toaster. I take a moment. My friend Elaine gives me another pillow to use for the show and tries to make me laugh. I breathe, and make a cup of tea.

I've forgotten to buy coleslaw for the show. And I'll need spoons for that. Can't even be plastic ones because it's set in the 1950's. Crap, more money, more hassles because I can't get to an open dollar store before work. I'm feeling stressed. Grr times four.

Angel comes, he looks tired and stressed. I feel bad because I didn't go back to the theatre the night before because I wasn't feeling good after church, and he was there until 2 AM. He takes the last of the props and goes off to the theatre. I take a moment to breathe and eat my bagel. I'm still cranky though.

I go to get on the TTC for work. A man watches a bunch of people walk by and for some reason, chooses to run after me trying to talk to me. I am about ready to clock him. He's trying to butter me up. I get all the more annoyed. I wait for the train. Some more gentlemen start talking to me because of my work ID tag sticking out from under my jacket. I am prompted to take it off and place it back in my pocket. Grr five and six. I read about Canada loosing to Finland in men's Olympic Hockey. Grr seven.

I get close to work on the Shepherd line, and my whole cup of warm tea looses it's balance and lands on the seat next to me, wetting my jeans in the process. Grr eight.

I am thoroughly unimpressed and feeling very down.

Gradually I cheer up a little, but the day still goes on, I've still got to go to the theatre tonight after work...

No comments: