Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Counterfeits

Sometimes I ponder just how easy it is to become a counterfeit in someone's life. I mean this in the sense that you are acting a role that may be friendly, but at the same time is has tendancies that lead towards being a replacement for the "real thing". Often I feel like I have directly placed myself in positions like this. I've allowed myself to use or be used by someone to boost my/their ego or to be a comfort in a most basic way. When I ponder this, I find myself feeling kind of ill. Mostly because true frienships should not be based on counterfeit situations. They should be based on love and trust, and most of all in respect. It's can be a hard line to draw at the best of times.

All I know is that I can't make a solid future investment when all I have is counterfeit currency in the bank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

am i a counterfeit?

-ulysses

girl said...

I think it's hard to weigh up a frienship in a word, so my instinct is to say no. But as for being completely clear of a counterfeit situations, that's a no too.

Ultimately, we need to be careful about the balance. Don't you agree?