Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's baaack!

Every now and then in my life I'll go through a period of time where I feel disconnect from my one true passion (besides my faith): Theatre. Yeat, it never fails, there is always something that brings me back to it. Right now I'm feeling that sense.

At first, I begin to feel this little inkling to go see some theatre. I just want to be in the audience again. I want to engage in live action. I go to engage in "the spark" - the live moment where action on stage just becomes fluid, and there is a sense that it just lives on it's own. And then I feel it - the pull from deep inside. The part of me that just screams to be a part of this! I find myself listening to musicals again, I find myself picturing blocking for these musicals in my head. I find myself thinking of other potential ideas for plays and for performance pieces. My mind wanders to what it would be like to pursue directing for real and I find myself wanting to be a part of a production again, and I find myself wanting to be a part of everything that is theatrical!

I wonder about finding money, and think, wow, if I could find a really cheap place to rehearse and a cheap place to use as an area, I could put up a show in just a few weeks! I mean, I just need to cover the cost of the rights, the theatre, I can beg borrow and steal the rest (figuratively).

I mean, Tuffy, you'd be in, right? Remember LOC Productions? Matt? Kate? Maddy? Chris? Shari? I mean, we could do this! Really do this! Here, now! Let's go! I'm game! If only I had my way now!

So, it's back. The passion is here. I've gotta get me a fix. Really, who's in?

1 comment:

Q_Zhang said...

I hear ya. I'm the same way every time I look up in the sky and see an airplane. I feel this tug at my heart and an itch in my fingers. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I see so much beauty in a pile of metal and Aluminum.

Your words remind me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine about what I should do with my life. Always follow the passion of your heart. That passion will sustain you through every challenge. You have so much love for the theatre.