Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The girls I know and love

Do any of you out there have a set of friends that you just adore? Come hell or highwater they are with you. They comfort you, they tease you, and they challenge you. They know you well enough that you don't have to say anything because they already know. They aren't afraid to tell you to "cut the crap!" and "to stop being a drama queen!" The kind of people who are willing to stand by you no matter what, even if you don't talk to them every day.

That is what I think of my best girl friends!

I never imagined that in my first year of university I would stumble upon such solid friends as I did. I was young, I was scared, and I was relatively out of my element as I had just moved from a completely different province. I didn't know what was in store for me. Yet, on that very first day I met a plucky blonde who had an uncanny resemblance to me named Courtney, and subsequently in the next few days I met Jennifer, Alison and Nushin. If you can believe it, we made such fast friends that we were barely into October before we knew we all wanted to live together when we left residence. Now, you'd think that would back-fire, but no, we did live together - in fact, we lived together for three years while at school in a fantastic little apartment on Bagot St in Kingston. We had a home, we were a family.


I love these ladies.

This past Monday, I had the treat of once again being able to get together with them to eat dinner, talk and exchange Christmas gift. It was us five plus Farah, Nushin's sister, who was an honourary member of our apartment (if you can believe it, she also lived on Bagot street!). I can't tell you how good I felt on Tuesday morning after having just spent an evening with my ladies! Thank God for friends like them.

(p.s. I hope to soon put up a pic of us here).

No comments: