Friday, March 09, 2007

MuteMath

So, last night was a new experience for me. Not only did I see my very first show at the Opera House, but I had my very first experience of MuteMath live. And all I can say is WOW!

Before going to see the show, I really didn't know much about the band at all - I was going solely on the recommendation of M. He said that he loved the band and it was one of the single best live acts he's seen. I'm not going to lie, I was a little skeptical, mostly because I was totally not expecting anything to knock my Muse experience out of my #1 spot. Yet today I have to admit it. MuteMath wins hands down! They were simply outstanding! Their album does no justice to the experience of seeing them live.

Overall it was a pretty awesome night.

To start the evening, M and I went to meet some friends for dinner at the Real Jerk on Queen E. It was really good food, complete with a new adventure as I tried the curried goat. Ha! I still can't believe that I did, but oh well, it was fun to try something new! Then we hurried over to the Opera House with more friends to get ready for the show. Luckily, yet another friend was holding out a sweet railing spot, and we squeezed into watch the opening bands - The Reason (from Hamilton) and The Cinematics (from Scotland). Both bands were pretty decent, but I was definately more into the second as they were just tighter and more interesting. Either way, it was a good way of priming the crowd.

Next we prepared for the main show - MUTEMATH! Really, from start to finish these guys were really tight and interesting to watch. They were all over the map - each member was playing all sorts of different instruments. For serious.

I can't even tell you. So check out this clip. This is the exact show we saw. Wow.


1 comment:

AZD said...

Looks like a great show for sure.