Friday, January 27, 2006

The looming death of Joe Muggs

Today is a sad day.

I got up and got ready for work. During my routine, I began my daily ritual with Joe Muggs (my steel thermal mug bought almost 3 years ago at a coffee joint called Joe Muggs). Today, I found him sick and he couldn't come with me to work. Sigh.


Joe Muggs and I have had a relationship with for a while now. We first started our hot and sometimes steamy relationship when I was at camp. He would cheer me up with loving warmth in the cold mornings and it was lovely. He was there to keep things at just the right level - sometimes piping hot, other times luke warm. We've had a good handle on things over the years, always keeping a lid on it so nothing would come spilling out to hurt anyone.

This morning I found Joe was incontinent. He must be getting too old for regular outings. Oh Joe, I'm going to miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was really funny!

and sad. Sad like when Joe Nalgene abandoned me at the airport.