Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's snow bunny's business (ugh...AWFUL, I know)

This past weekend I did it! Yep, I finally attempted the one thing that I have been wanting to do since high school! I tried snowboarding for the very first time! Wahoo!

For any of you out there who know and love this sport, you know that it is not an easy sport to learn - you have to be prepared to basically get creamed in the process. I definately learned that! I tell you, I landed on my butt so many times, not to mention landing on my wrists and knees. I've got a few bruises that are still black! But it's definately worth it. Really.

It was really fun to go - myself and my friend Roshan got to learn together, so it was a bit of emotional support and it was someone to laugh with despite the aches. On top of which, two of my good friends were very patiently teaching us - I really felt like they were proud of us for trying as hard as we did. Thanks guys!

It's looks as if I'll be going again soon. Hopefully this time I'll improve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shaun went on the 28th. I may not have understood the bruising that you were talking about without that day being fresh in my memory. I still want to learn. You are all an inspiration, if you are going to go back for more punishment then it will still be my goal for next winter! GIVER GIRL!