Thursday, January 12, 2006

CD shopping a-go-go!

Today after work I decided to stop by Sonic Boom and get me some new CDs. I just wanted to look around, get inspired, and I sort of did. In the end, I just scored some sweet used goods - all albums that I've been wanting for a while but didn't want to pay full price for, and then a couple of other choices.

The list is as follows:
1. Ben Folds ~ Rockin' the Suburbs
- a good solid choice to add to my Ben Folds collection. It's got my fave song "Annie Waits" on it, plus "The Luckiest", a song I want to play at my wedding...not to forget the great title track.

2. Ben Lee ~ Gamble Everything for Love
- a little collection of tunes by a great Australian singer. I was lucky enough to see him in concert this summer with Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright. I really like "Hellbent for Heaven", a great find in the end, which is nice when you take a chance.

3. Bloc Party ~ Silent Alarm
- just to have my own, really. I borrowed this CD from my friend Karl the other day, and well, didn't get enough time to give it a solid listen. Figured for $11 used I couldn't go wrong.

4. Feist ~ Let It Die
- SUPER SCORE! I've been meaning to buy this for a long time now. Love the album. Happy because it was just $11 used.

5. Metric ~ Live It Out
- the new Metric. Meh...I think I like the first a little better, probably because I really love the song Combat Baby, but I think there are some really solid songs on the album. I'm glad, seeing as this was a new purchase, and not used.

That is all.

1 comment:

girl said...

Yeah, I totally did. I saw him in concert and we were like "Hey, didn't he used to date Claire Danes?"

And yeah, really, it's just the songs I like to listen to the most, I do love all Ben Folds stuff...almost bought another Ben Folds EP...gonna wait on that one.