Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mum saves the day!

Yesterday, I was at work fretting because I had to fill out a government form. As per usual, I was asked to provide my address history for the last five years - a task that may be easy for some, but when you had three address in 2004 alone, it's tricky. So there I was trying to get this done quickly and efficiently, but having the hardest time remember the numbers of houses I lived in in 2002! Ugh! I tried Mapquest, Canada Post, Google - combinations to help me remember! I just wanted it done.

Eventually, I gave into asking for help. I called home. I asked Dad if he had my mailing address for the house I subletted a room in the summer of 2004. Was it 121 King St W in Kingston? Nope! He couldn't help. Then suddenly, through a stroke of genius, Dad to decided to check one last place: Mum's handy household phonebook. Eureka! There they were - all my known address from 2000 to 2007 written down with phone numbers. It was such a relief. One hour of work terminated in 5 minutes!

Mum, you rock!

No comments: