Sunday, October 22, 2006

Couldn't be happier!

So it's over and done, and it was a really great show. Wicked is definately worth seeing. I am so glad that I got a chance to go. In fact, I couldn't be happier! :)

The night was just lovely. My friend and I went to dinner and then got coffee before heading over to the theatre. It was packed with excited people, and we were in a good section on the Mezzanine. And then it started, and it was great. The costumes and technical aspects were really good, and the cast did a phenomenal job. My only criticism is that it seemed a tad slow on the pick up, but once it got going, it really went. I was really impressed at how they took Gregory Maguire's book and made it work onstage. I won't go into too much detail about what happens, mostly because there are a few plot twists that are just worth waiting for. (It also explains why there is not summary in the CD cover). But yes - got see it!

Thanks again, friend. This was a truly great birthday gift.

No comments: