Thursday, September 15, 2005

That's a wrap!

So, it's been a little while since I've updated this blog, mostly because I've been so busy. Tomorrow is going to be the first day off that I've had since the Sunday before last - technically at least, seeing as I had the weekend off from the store but I've been working on the movie stuff all weekend - so I need a break.

I can't believe I can actually say that I've worked on a movie. Sweet. First and foremost, it was nice to work on a set of some kind again. I've really, really missed it. Secondly, it was good to help out my friend Karl - he's had a production company for a while now and he's trying to get a portfolio together of films that he's directed. He came up with the script and concept and basically begged, borrowed and stole (not literally on the stealing) to get this movie done on a super tight budget. Having been a director with a vision before, it was so lovely to see one of his dreams come into fruition. I can't wait to see the final product. So, yay Karl!

The other fun part about this weekend was getting to meet so many people from all around who might not have had anything in common but the willingness to put their support and time behing Karl. The sheer number of people that were willing to pull long hours for little to no pay just made me feel really encouraged. You can always find people who are willing to stand behind a dream - or at least I'd like to think so. Plus, all of these people were fun to work with, so it makes the long hours tolerable! They all seem to be into networking - which often happens within the creative industry - so, maybe I'll get some good contacts. Even today I got a call from someone on the shoot calling me and asking me for props advice - kinda ironic seeing as after Bat Boy at Queen's I said I would never do props again and this movie has been the third undertaking - which is nice. I also got a good review in terms of being good to work with, so who knows! Baby steps.

All in all, I really hope that this movie experience will be a good start of me finally getting on track in terms of doing some more creative work like I've been wanting to for a long while. God willing...




2 comments:

Q_Zhang said...

When's the movie going to show?

girl said...

I'm not sure yet, it's still in the working phase.