Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Blue Man Experience

WOW!

So, I literally have just stepped into the house after what one could call a VERY interesting night of performance. I was just lucky enough to experience The Blue Man Group (see link) in Toronto, and it was sooooo good!

My friend Kris is working for The Men these days, and he managed to get me a couple of tickets to tonight's performance, and I couldn't have been luckier. It was amazing. It's so hard to describe the whole thing. The show is something that just has to be experience first hand, and I suggest if you get the chance to see the group here, or at any other location, jump on the opportunity. It is a plethora of sights, sounds, and events that makes up a very original and innovative show. It's hard to say whether this is performance art, or a theatre piece, or something that is a mix of the two (with tongue-in-cheek intentions), but all in all it's very tight, and very well done. The calibre of the timing of the performers, band, and even the crew is so incredible, that it's just a pleasure to watch. Plus, there is major audience participation and amusement, so I feel pretty good about saying that no one will be bored at this show. Wow.

Tonight was also fun because I ended up taking my collegue from work, Kaleena. She's just great, and sure we see each other at work all the time, but you don't always get a chance to hang out with someone in the "real world". It was a real pleasure to go with her because she was so able to get into the whole show, and we both have an appreciation for music, so we could also share in that. I was so glad that in the end I was able to go with someone who could enjoy the experience as much as I did. Very cool.

All in all, a very fun night, which is nice because this long weekend is a weekend of hard work, and not too much excitement, so I'm glad it's had a good highlight. Yay! And I reiterate: "Wow!"

No comments: